Little Miss Rapid City 2012
Little Miss Rushmore 2012
If you are older or younger than these ages, please ask us about participating in our Little Sister, Miss Rapid City’s Outstanding Preteen or Miss Rapid City’s Outstanding Teen Programs.
Scoring and Judging
The judging system is designed to promote diversity, individuality and overall achievement among all contestants. Judges will score the individual contestant immediately following each phase of the competition. Contestants are scored on a full point scale within each category. All judges have been educated on the judging system and represent a variety of professional sectors within their communities.
Private Interview (50% of total score)
Each contestant will participate in an individual 6-minute interview with a panel of at least three judges. Questions will come from a variety of areas, including but not limited to the contestants fact sheet.
The contestant’s wardrobe should be age appropriate -- a nice pair of slacks, a skirt with a top or a dress -- something that makes you feel comfortable and confident.
Criteria for scoring: first impression, personality, intelligence, articulation, confidence, charisma and poise.
Poise and Confidence in Party Dress (25% of total score)
During the pageant, each contestant will walk on stage in a party dress of their choice. The dress itself is not judged. We encourage a simple party dress that shows YOU off.
Judges will be looking for poise, confidence, posture, and stage presence.
On-Stage Question (25% of total score)
Each contestant will be asked a question while on stage. Questions will be age appropriate.
The contestant is judged on how well she handles the pressure of speaking on stage in front of an audience.
To become a contestant:
1. Download the Little Miss Contestant Guide. This guide contains a lot of information
to help you prepare for the pageant. Of course, if you have any questions, please feel
free to contact the Little Miss/Preteen Director Nadine Thomas.
2. Mail the following items to the Little Miss/Preteen Director (address below),
by Sunday, January 20, 2013:
- Contestant Fact Sheet (found in the Little Miss Contestant Guide)
- Signed Parent / Guardian Consent Form (found in the Little Miss Contestant Guide)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- $50.00 Entry Fee (Please make checks payable to: Miss Rapid City Scholarship Program)
3. E-mail the following item to the Little Miss/Preteen Director (email address below)
by Sunday, January 20, 2013:
- A clear head-and-shoulder photo (school photo is perfect) to be used in the program.
Little Miss/Preteen Director
Nadine L. Thomas
6503 Kennemer Drive
Rapid City, SD 57702
Cell: (605) 391-2762
Work: (605) 341-3990
2013 Master Schedule
The Master Schedule will give you specific dates and times for rehearsals, interview times, etc. It will be updated often as we get closer to the pageant.